Who We Treat
Help for Myself
Addiction can affect anybody. It does not matter what your personal history involves, addiction does not discriminate and people can find themselves using drink, drugs and other addictive behaviours such as gambling and eating disorders to coping with deeper psychologically issues.
Addiction is not a reflection of poor character, lack of willpower or low intelligence as some belief. Having an addiction is like having an illness, and like any other illness, people need treatment to help them get better.
ADT Healthcare has helped a countless amount of people get back their life, offering a completely non-judgemental and confidential addiction advice service. We are available to talk to 24/7 so you can rest assured that you are not alone in your battle with addiction, we can give you the help and hope needed to win back control of your life.
Over the years we have helped people from vastly different backgrounds, there is no stereotype when it comes to addiction. It is not uncommon for some people not realise they are addicted to a substance or behaviour. If you are concerned about yourself or a loved one but are unsure whether addiction is the problem, read the points below to gain insight.
Am I Addicted? Some Questions To Ask Yourself
- Do you ever try to drink, use drugs or engage in self-destructive behaviour when alone?
- Have you ever found that you have gaps in your memory due to the use of alcohol, drugs or addictive behaviours like gambling or video games?
- Have you ever needed to go to your doctor for help managing your life because of your drinking or addiction behaviour?
- Do you drink, use drugs, self-harm or otherwise exhibit self-destructive behaviour in order to boost your confidence or self-esteem?
- Have you ever needed to go to the hospital because of your drinking, drug use or self-destructive behaviour?
- Do you find that you lose time at work because you are drinking, taking drugs, gambling, playing video games etc?
- Is your self-destructive behaviour making your home life unhappy?
- Do you find that people are withdrawing from you or often becoming angry or upset with you because of your drinking/drug use or another behaviour?
- Do you find that you don’t care about your own welfare or that of your family, as long as you are able to drink/do drugs or engage in your preferred behaviour – for example skipping meals, not bathing, ignoring your children?
- Has your everyday ambition and motivation decreased since you began regularly using drink/drugs or engaging in some sort of recurring behaviour, perhaps causing you to lose your job?
- Do you find yourself craving a substance or activity at a similar time every day, or that when you wake up in the morning the substance or activity is the first thing you think of?
- Do you turn to drink/drugs or certain behaviours in order to cope with feelings of worry, everyday troubles or normal unhappiness?
Contact ADT Today
You should consider addiction treatment if you have answered yes to three or more of the above questions as you may have become reliant on a substance or self-destructive behaviour.
It is never too late to get the help you need and deserve. Get in touch with us today and speak to one of our caring counsellors by calling 0800 088 66 86. We can help you start the journey to find a life free from the pain of addiction.