Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Cambridge
Like anywhere else in the UK, people living in Cambridge can find themselves dealing with addiction problems. There are few resources available locally that the individual can use to help them break away from this behaviour. This means that the person can be left to deal with the situation alone, so they end up with continued suffering. We are experts in the field of addiction treatment plans, and we offer a confidential service for people in the Cambridge area. We will be able to arrange for a rehab programme, or other treatment option, in many areas that are not too far away from Cambridge.
We have contacts with all the top residential programmes around the UK. If you have decided that you are fed up of feeling sick and tired then you can call us right away at 0800 088 66 86.
Dealing with Addiction Alone in Cambridge
If you are suffering because of alcohol or drug use, you may feel ready to quit the behaviour. It is common for people to first try and deal with the situation alone, but while they may be able to stop for a few weeks or even months, the person who goes it alone usually finds it hard to make a permanent break from their addiction problems. This is why it is so important that they get sufficient help.
The reasons why it can be so difficult to break away from addiction alone include:
- The reasons why the person began abusing alcohol and drugs in the first place will still be there when they sober up. This means that they will once again be back where they started, so there will be a high risk of relapse or of turning to other maladaptive behaviours. It is one of the goals of addiction treatment to deal with the underlying driving forces of addiction so that the person can live without the need to turn to these substances
- One of the most common reasons for why people will relapse after a period of being sober is that they feel unable to cope with life. This is because most people will begin abusing alcohol or drugs at a young age before they have had a chance to develop the coping skills they need for dealing with life. They have been using substance abuse as a means of avoiding life, so when they become sober they feel unable to cope. One of the main goals of rehab is to fast track the individual so that they will quickly develop the coping skills they are going to need in order to be able to deal with life effectively
- When people try to become sober they will usually struggle to avoid the common relapse triggers. They are unprepared for the early weeks and months of recovery, so it is easy for them to go off track. By entering a treatment programme the individual is adequately prepared for the road ahead, so there is less chance of them straying off course
- One of the most difficult periods that the individual needs to pass through in order to become sober will be withdrawals. As the body detoxes from alcohol and drugs the individual will experience at least some mental and physical discomfort. The fact that the person knows that they can stop this discomfort at any time by relapsing means that there is a great temptation to do so. Most people who try to quit alcohol or drugs never make it beyond this initial period. By entering rehab, the person will be supported through detox, and they will thus be far more likely to make their way into long-term recovery
- Another reason why it can be so difficult to build a life free of addiction is that the individual will often lack a sufficient support system. This is because in order to stay free of addiction the person will need to break away from their usual support system – drinking and drug-using friends. One of the great benefits of rehab is that the individual gets to meet like-minded people, and they will benefit from all the support that they need. The person will also be able to begin building a support network that they will be able to use once they return home
- A treatment programme gives the person the opportunity to develop a new purpose and meaning for their life. This is important because if the individual feels that their life is without purpose they will always be at high risk of relapse
- Rehab provides a therapeutic environment. The treatment programme will be intense enough so that the individual becomes firmly grounded in sobriety. This is important because if the person is not fully immersed in this new life they will easily be drawn back to their old one. Getting help for addiction means giving recover a running start – it propels the individual a safe distance away from their addiction problems
As you can see, there are many good reasons for why the person will benefit from the type of help that can only be found in a residential treatment programme. Are you not convinced yet? If not, you can contact us here on 0800 088 66 86 and we will discuss with you how such a programme could make all the difference to your future.
Let Us Help You Escape Addiction in Cambridge
We want to help you break away from your addiction problems. We will be able to use our expertise to help you find an appropriate addiction rehab. We will discuss your situation with you in the strictest confidence, and based on our conversation we will be able to make some suggestions. Remember that you are under no obligation by just contacting us, and we will be happy to help in any way we can.
Many of the members of our time have dealt with their own addiction problems, so they will have a good understanding of your situation. Don’t waste any more time – contact us right now on 0800 088 66 86.