Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment in South Africa
The Clinic is South Africa’s first extended care retreat that provides 24-hour clinical care specialising in addictions, eating disorders and other compulsive behaviours within an exclusive, luxury environment.
It is recognised as a centre of excellence in the area of extended treatment by attracting leading mental health professionals, governed by the highest standards of psychiatric and psychological practice, and developing programmes tailored to the needs of each individual, offering clients the genuine opportunity to pursue a life free of compulsion.
The Clinic is unlike any other extended care facility in South Africa and can comfortably claim its place amongst the elite of residential treatment facilities the world over.
What makes us special?
- 24-hour onsite clinical supervision defines our hi-touch programme
- Every senior member of therapeutic staff is a qualified professional registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa, and a recognised leader in their field
- We are governed by an advisory board that guarantees a rigorous accountability
- A holistic and creative life skills programme ensures absolutely no repetition and enhances physical, spiritual and social development
- Set amongst the exclusive residences of Cape Town’s oldest and most prestigious suburb, residents can be assured of inimitable privacy, luxury and exclusivity
- Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom and kitchenette
- Built along the foothills of the Table Mountain Range each suite enjoys breath-taking and deeply peaceful views of both mountains and the ocean
- All meals prepared by a private chef, three times daily - Kosher and Halaal requirements, gladly accommodated
- A dedicated driver and luxury mini-van ensure safe and guaranteed transport to recovery meetings and tourist sites
The clinic addresses the problem of addiction in a confidential and safe environment. Due to the overall detrimental effects of addictive behaviours, the treatment programme we offer is tailored to meet both the individual and the family’s needs.
Our therapeutic process revolves around a 12 Step abstinence-based philosophy, which is a well -tested and proven programme for living.
Our Primary Purpose is to:
- Offer an opportunity for freedom from addictive disorders
- Demonstrate that there is hope and help available
- Present options for living a contented and serene life of recovery
- Install an acceptance that life is about enjoyment not endurance
This is achieved by
- In-patient detoxification
- Recognising that there is a problem in the first place
- Accepting help and guidance
- Exploring issues
- Developing strategies to change detrimental addictive behaviour patterns
- Learning to develop more positive coping mechanisms
- Formulating and implementing an ongoing daily structure to facilitate a contented recovery
- Beginning to rebuild relationships with self, family and friends
- Engaging with the ongoing aftercare and support groups for contented personal development
Facilities and Accommodation
The peaceful environment is truly first class - the clinic being set within an historic Georgian Manor which has been tastefully refurbished.
The accommodation offers stylish single occupancy en suite bedrooms complete with flat screen TV’s, cotton waffle gowns, slippers and luxury toiletries. Patients enjoy the use of a comfortable lounge, dining room, conservatory, private court yard with designated smoking area, and walled garden within the grounds.
Delicious home cooked meals are prepared daily with all dietary requirements taken care of. Our highly skilled and caring nursing team are available 24hours to support all patients in their journey to recovery.